Project period: 2010 -2011
Grant ID GMS/2010/09/0275 entitled “Review of the petroleum (exploration, production and value addition) or Resource Bill
Project period: 2013 -2014
- Grant ID OR/2013 -11581 entitled “Promoting Transparency And Accountability In Uganda’s Petroleum Sector” 2013-2014
- OSIEA/FOSI funded project on promoting Oil and Mining Industry Compliance to Social and Environmental Safeguards in Uganda. This was a two year project that aimed at Analyzing the contents and implications of draft mining legislation with a view of identifying gaps and implementation challenges.
- Promoting Commercial Aquaponics Farming among Smallholder Farmers/Households for Water Efficiency, Food Security and Livelihoods Improvement in Uganda This was a 3-year project funded by Securing Water For Food (SWFF), a global program supported by USAID, the Swedish
- Government (SIDA); the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands
- Government and South Africa. WGI successfuly completed this project.
- Reviewed the status of Uganda’s disaster risks reduction and climate change adaptation strategies to identify gaps, challenges, linkages and opportunities and made proposals or recommendations for government interventions.
- Conducted a study on Uganda’s tax system in relation to the emerging petroleum industry with a view of identifying areas of tax leakage and discussing the tax conflicts that government is experiencing with oil companies.